Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why the internet is poison...

WOW.... REALLY??? SCREEN GRABBIN FACEBOOK QUOTES??? The world is going to end in 2012... and this is how far we've come??? How delightfully creepy!!! Are we that bored? Its JUST cartoons people!

Hey folks, sorry if I offended anyone on Cartoon Brew... I didn't mean to single any particular group out - what I sho
uld've written was, the ENTIRE INTERNETS is full of weirdos, not just the Brew... its true, I'm one of them - the fact that writing a response makes me guilty as charged!!!


What I wrote on facebook was something that was written in the heat of the moment - something written to defend a friend that works on the show, and was completely devastated by the thrashing it took. It was only meant for one person, and one person only - not for internet fodder... but if it helps make your day go by faster, then you're welcome. But why should one person's feelings (or an entire crew of people) matter right? A job is a job and people are entitled to their opinions - not everyone's gonna love it.


I totally forgot that aside from being human, I also happen to be a professional working in the animation industry - but ask anyone working in cartoons, its hard to try and separate yourself from your work, and friends - especially in the animation community [like any career choice you're passionate about, it becomes your life]... it's also such a small, small world... and it gets even smaller especially on facebook (apparently)... you can't even fart without people knowing. So being a person that leads 2 lives, Professional and Personal - I should be aware of what mode to be in, and mind my words... lesson learned!!!



The thing about Looney Tunes is.... NO BODY will ever be able to live up to original... Not even the guys that did it back in the 30's and 40's could... even in it's original run, Looney Tunes changed so much from the day it started to the end of production... and then we had Baby Looney Tunes, and then Looney Tunes from Outer Space... big deal, depending on the times, the show will change wether we like it or not... All we can really do is to try our best, to make something that will appeal to a new generation and keep them interested, period. It's hard enough to find any Looney Tunes on TV as it is. And hey, if ya don't like the new crap... pop in a classic DVD and watch that instead.


At the end of the day, I just don't get why a website that's supposed to support animation is out to get everything that's trying so hard to be creative before it even sees the light of day??? Its rare that anyone gets to work on anything as cool as this, so rather than suffocate the poor puppy, let it live... Who knows, ya might like it, OR maybe it will inspire the next wave of people to make something even better!!!


Oh well, what do I know anyway? I'm just a handsome face, with the voice of an angel....

Peace, Love, and Happiness... BAUZA


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am glad you stood up for yourself. Sorry about all of the insanity. We just need to all get along. :)

Much love,
Flea*

Jessica said...

the voice of an angel is an understatement! much love Bauza!!

Floyd B. Bariscale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Fox said...

Ignore them
They are stooping to the level of what the Sonic The Hedgehog fans are currently going through with "Sonic The Hedgehog 4" and that's sad.

Personally, I like the artwork and looking forward to the series.. unlike the rest of the bozos of which you attacked, I'm the only sane one in the whole debate demanding everyone to hold their criticisms until the show's premiere but they didn't

Angelina Ballerina: The Next Steps went through the same scrutiny but oddly enough i enjoyed "The Next Steps" more then the original series

ted said...

Here here!!

Ricardo Cantoral said...

I am glad you were big enough to admit your fault Eric. I am among the group who didn't like what they saw from this "looney tunes" show and I only intend on watching out of perverse curiosity. However, live and let live. We all had our opinions, it's time to move on.

MB Thomas said...

It's not really Cartoon Brew's fault. It's just Amid. He's a bit biased about cartoons, and constantly makes rants about anything that's "Wrong" with the animation industry. Frankly, he had no right to do what he did. I'm right here with ya, Eric. I'm still gonna see this one through.

Sven Hoek said...

Come on now Eric, don't go all Billy West on us. That screen grab really doesnt LOOK good. No one said you were bad. If you havent read Billys blog I highly recommend it, for laughs. Talk about someone who flys off the handle at the hint of criticism. Wow, I was shocked at the way he uses language thats not written for him, yikes.

But expect people to not like that show, its another version of something beloved that has been poorly redone so many times that people have shut down on the new versions of the Looney Toons.

Stay Cool.

ZSL said...

soooouuulllllll trrraaaiiiiiinnn

Eric Bauza said...

@ZSL.... You knowit brotha!!!

Eric Bauza said...

@Sven Hoek.. I know, I know, thanks for your support, and I truly am sorry - I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but aren't I as well? For me to bite my tongue and NOT to speak out about this would be hypocritical.

In retrospect, what bugs me the most is that no one would've known I posted said statement, if Amid had not siphoned from Jessica's facebook page... Am I not the only one who finds that a bit intrusive, weird and a bit outta context??? It really was a private facebook page comment, meant for one person that ended up plastered on another public website in order to make me look bad, WHY - because I'm an animation geek that has an opinion too? In the end it had almost nothing to do with the original topic... I mean YIKES!!!

Oh well - a true reporter ALWAYS gets his facts... even if it means diving into a dumpster of filth!!!

Hollywood journalism folks, gotta love it!!!

[insert TMZ logo here]

Billy... said...

Criticizing and attacking are two totally different things. Amid was being a real jackhole about Jessica's designs (which kick ass, by the way) and re-posting your FB comment is just juvenile, man. It's like he's telling on you. I mean, how petty can a grown man be?!

Yeldarb86 said...

Sometimes, the animation community can be a pathetic bunch. Everyone is constantly against the creativity and diversity that they're always fighting for.

Jerry seems to be the only one at Cartoon Brew who writes real news anymore.

Ricardo Cantoral said...

Amid has always been a degenerate. He only respects someone as long as they donate to ASIFA, hence the Katzenberg ass-kissing he did a while back.